Michael Nardella represents both businesses and individuals in matters relating to bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He has litigated numerous complex lawsuits in both state and federal court and has extensive experience in chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcies, representing debtors, creditors, and trustees.
Michael is an Orlando native and a third generation lawyer.
- University of Florida, College of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., Classical Studies
Professional & Community Involvement
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association (Past President)
- Chambers USA Band 5, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2022-23
- Chambers USA "Up and Coming," 2020-2021
- Chambers USA "Associate to Watch," 2014-2015
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2023
- Florida Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2013-2022
- Florida Trend's “Florida Legal Elite,” 2022
- Florida Trend's “Florida Legal Elite Up and Comers,” 2018-2021
- Citrus Civitan of Orlando (Member 2009-present, Past President)
- The Florida Bar Bankruptcy and UCC Committee
- Book Awards: Estates and Trusts, Advanced Problems in Bankruptcy, Income Taxation, Medical Technology and the Law
- Business Law Section, Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Middle, Southern, and Northern Districts of Florida
- Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law: Non-Judicial Foreclosure of Aircraft Collateral: Unique Challenges for Lenders (July/August 2011)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Journal: 341 Transcripts: The Hearsay Rule and Limits on Their Use as Substantive Evidence (September 2013)
- The Banking Law Journal: Bankruptcy Poison Pills – New Attempts to Avoid Absolute Priority (March 2014)
- Florida Law Review, Knowing When to Stop: Is the Punctuation of the Constitution Based on Sound or Sense? (2007)
- Chambers v. Delta P'ship LLC (In re J.E.L. Site Dev.), 642 B.R. 471, 480 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. 2022)
- Wyndham Vacation Ownership v. Sussman, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 208752 (M.D. Fla. Sep. 27, 2021).
- BMO Harris Bank, N.A. v. Richert (In re Richert), 2021 Bankr. LEXIS 1936, at *1 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. July 21, 2021)
- Progressive Plumbing, Inc. v. Kast Constr. III, LLC (In re Progressive Plumbing, Inc.), 2019 Bankr. LEXIS 1485 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. May 13, 2019).
- Kellogg & Kimsey, Inc. v. Progressive Plumbing, Inc. (In re Progressive Plumbing, Inc.), 2019 Bankr. LEXIS 3058 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Sep. 30, 2019).
- In re Udalov, 2022 Bankr. LEXIS 1861, at *5 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Feb. 11, 2022).
- Fla. Cmty. Bank v. Wherrett, 242 So. 3d 1086 (Fla. 2d DCA 2018).
- United States v. Luznar, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 62751, at *1 (M.D. Fla. Feb. 15, 2019).
- Goshen Mortg., LLC v. Altier (In re Altier), 2017 Bankr. LEXIS 685 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Mar. 15, 2017).
- In re Chan, 2019 Bankr. LEXIS 2702 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. June 3, 2019).
- Rizzo-Alderson v. Tawfik, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 164482 (M.D. Fla. Oct. 3, 2017).
- Yerian v. Webber (In re Yerian), 927 F.3d 1223, 1228 (11th Cir. 2019).
- Regions Bank v. Allen, 33 So. 3d 72, 73 (Fla. 5th DCA 2010).
- United States SEC v. Quest Energy Mgmt. Grp., 768 F.3d 1106, 1109 (11th Cir. 2014).
- Hilton Resorts Corp. v. Sussman, 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 108295 (M.D. Fla. June 28, 2019).
- Pak v. Webber (In re Yerian), 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 171176 (M.D. Fla. Oct. 16, 2017).
- Sealed Unit Parts Co. v. Sycom Surge, Inc., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 54081 (M.D. Fla. Mar. 29, 2019).
- Ganesh Vasudev v. Powers, 279 So. 3d 732 (Fla. 5th DCA 2019).
- SunTrust Equip. Fin. & Leasing Corp. v. Bluechip Power, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 192446 (M.D. Fla. Aug. 21, 2014).
- SunTrust Equip. Fin. & Leasing Corp. v. BlueChip Power, LLC, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 139756 (M.D. Fla. Sep. 11, 2014).
- Orange Lake Country Club v. Reed Hein & Assocs., 2019 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 223939 (M.D. Fla. Oct. 4, 2019).
- In re KA & KM Dev., Inc., 2010 Bankr. LEXIS 5176, at *2 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Apr. 23, 2010).
- Progressive Plumbing, Inc. v. Evergreen Corp. (In re Progressive Plumbing, Inc.), 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 25078 (M.D. Fla. Mar. 1, 2016).
- Progressive Plumbing, Inc. v. Kast Constr. III, LLC (In re Progressive Plumbing, Inc.), 2018 Bankr. LEXIS 4026 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. Dec. 21, 2018).